Okay, so people asked about why this page was blank. Basically it's because I don't have anything to say about my dancing right now. Future goals are a Beginer's Guide to Ballroom Dancing, with hints on how to find the right instructor/studio, what kind of shoes to buy, To compete or not to compete, Social Ballroom dancing in general, and many other things, if I get the chance to put it together, plus if my friends and I get on the ball, we might just have information for a Competition out here. :)
For now I will try to get some links to ballroom dancing in Austin, Texas, USA and the world out there. :)
- Austin Ballroom Dancers is a, get this, non-profit ballroom dance organization that holds group classes and offers a weekly dance. Check their page out for specifics on who, what and where. I'm quite familiar with it, so feel free to send me any questions.
- Aria's Dance Page is great resource for dancers in New York City, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Chicago, Houston, Dallas, and Austin. While it is not actively maintained, many of the resources out there won't be going out of style.
- Henry's Dance Hotlist includes all sorts of dancing venues, with specific Ballroom and Partnership dancing sections. Henry just has links to other's websites, but he has tons of links. If you want information about ballroom dancing in your home town, he probably has a link or two.
- Dance Club Imperial a member of yahoo's clubs that has a bunch of dancer's talking mostly about Houston's hot ballroom scene. Drop in for a little gossip and dance related discussion.
- Dancescape.com is the serious ballroom dancer's legitimate advocate. They are as serious about Ballroom as they are about maintaining their website. They are the most populous dance related website, they have a partner search, a costumes for sale, and an active discussion board.
That's all for now. I really didn't want to have a link fest on too many of my pages, so while I may check out any links that you send me, I would rather spend my time making this page better suited to information gathering than listing sites.